K and k window

A home owner from Maplewood says:
Window won't stay up because mechanism is broken. Need to replace mechanisms
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sounds like it could be a problem with the balance. We may be able to help, but we will need more information.

Specifically, we need you to remove one of your balances and s how us a picture of it by itself, preferably in an undamaged state. That will allow us to determine what type you have and, hopefully, what can work as a replacement.

So it is damaged and I am not sure as to how to remove it. Do these photos help at all?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 66238DAF-E07F-4793-BA05-CA2079E18277.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6A096456-13EB-406D-87A2-C62689C77968.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 04CFC8A1-BFD0-4717-9C46-1FE3A34BE3DA.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, that's a big help. That shoe looks a bit like our 15-233, but that's just an educated guess since I can't see the whole thing.

If I'm right, then that does complicate things a bit. The 15-233 does not come as a stock part for any balances in our inventory. If we are to supply a replacement for you, it will have to be custom made. That means we definitely need to see the whole assembly removed.

I recommend watching the video below. This should walk you through the steps necessary to remove the balance. I'll need to see the top end, the stamp printed on it, and a clearer shot of that blue shoe. I'd also like to know the length of the metal channel and how many you wanted altogether.

Ok thanks. But if I remove the balance will I be able to put the window back in place? Thanks. Wendy
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid I can't say for sure. It depends on the condition of the balance; if it's too broken down and if pieces are missing, it will be difficult to put it back in. 

However, this is the only way we will be able to identify a match. It's ultimately up to you how you wish to proceed.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.