Keeper

A quick learner from Delaware says:
What type of keeper do I need for this type of sliding door lock? There was a pet door installed and it never had a keeper in the first place. Also how do I line up the proper keeper so it locks properly and securely?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190713_082321.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. There are three possible keepers often used with this mortise lock: the 89-020, 89-021, or 89-021D. But without an original keeper there's really no way to know which one is best for you to pick. It might not even be any of these three. There are other, less common options as well. Still, I'd start with these three to begin. 

As for installation, if there's no holes to go by, then it will be a matter of trial and error. You'll just have to try and determine the best configuration that aligns with the mortise lock. 

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to solve this one. Without an old keeper as a reference, the only option is to play around with different types to see what works. Let us know how you make out.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.