Balcony Door Lock Keeper

A home owner from Denver, CO says:
The keeper for my sliding glass balcony door/window has disintegrated (years ago and parts are now missing). It's a very old door and I can't find a replacement keeper in the local hardware stores. I've tried a few things, but they haven't worked. Tips? (keeper shown in picture is on another door).

I'm not opposed to replacing the handle and the keeper, but the mechanism must be 100% external to the door. The door is not fitted for internal locking mechanisms.

Thoughts?
Add'l pictures
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I'm afraid we don't have the keeper by itself, unfortunately. I have a strange idea, though. Take a look at the 90-071. This is a lock and keeper set for a window, however the keeper it has looks somewhat like yours. Do you think you could adapt this hardware for your door.
Thanks. I have purchased something similar and am trying to make it work. It looks like my picture of the keeper didn't make the original post. It's set away from the door frame which makes the keeper in this newer lock too short. So I'm working with spacers, etc. Thanks for your reply.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-013 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-013 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.