Keeper for 82-226 latch

A home owner from Pelham says:
I have a SGD R35 72x80 sliding door which appears to have an 82-226 latch. The door does not have a keeper and there are not any holes in the frame. What do you recommend for a keeper? THank you, Scott
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say. It really depends on the space available in the door. It's strange that there aren't even any holes where an old keeper could have once installed. Has your door always been unable to lock?

I would start with the three keepers related to the 82-226 on its store page. These are commonly used with this mortise lock, but to be honest they're just a jumping off point. There are a bunch of different keepers that may work. I would carefully go over the measurements we show to confirm they can fit in the space in your door.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.