Keller Window Operator

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello,

I have a 1950s house with Keller awning windows. I am in need of replacement operators.

The measurements are 5-1/4" top screw to bottom screw with a 2-3/4" arm extension.

This is the old one and I saw somewhere on your site that the screw hole size in the link arm is important. I believe this one is 3/16" and it has a little plastic bushing as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Philip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Old Keller Operator.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Philip.

We appreciate you reaching out to us. Your operator's link arm is pretty odd and I'm not sure we have anything that may replace it. I'd be happy to look into this though. To help with my search, can you show us a clear photo of the installation hole pattern? I can't see how yours are configured from this photo and that's a very important detail that will allow me to narrow down some options. 

Thank you!

A home owner from USA says:
Hello and thanks for the reply. Please find attached a photo of the screw hole configuration. I've also supplied a schematic of the crank I cannot locate but I believe is the correct one.
If I have to drill out a new screw hole pattern I can but I'd prefer to find something that just fits and works.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Keller Crank Screw Holes.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for getting back to us. Emily isn't here today but I'll try to help you out.

Like she already mentioned, we don't sell this exact assembly. We do however carry the 39-061 awning window operator, which was used by Air Control and Keller. The link arm is a little shorter than the 2-3/4" yours has, but there is some travel in the linkage to make up the difference. In my experience that particular dimension doesn't have to be exact.

In your drawing it also shows an off set gear arm. Not sure you would need that. I have used the 39-061 operator in the past to repair Keller windows and they worked fine. That's not necessarily a guarantee, since these are old windows, but it's been my personal experience. Take a look at the 39-061 along with the related hardware and video to see if the operator and parts match up to what you need.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.