Can I reuse the metal guard from an old Kenlin socket?

A home owner from Greater Boston says:
My Thomasville furniture employs the heavy duty (32-082) drawer socket. Seems the plastic piece snaps on to the metal frame. I was able to snap it on and off metal frame without any problem. May I purchase plastic piece only (32-081) and re-use the metal drawer socket frame?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 32-082 heavy duty Kenlin socket is the 32-081 plastic socket covered with a metal guard. I have not heard of anyone reusing the metal guard because they are a fairly new product by Kenlin, but I do not see why it would not work because the plastic socket is the same.
A handy person from lincoln ne. says:
I have heavy duty drawer sockets,[32-082], with the plastic inside broken. Do I need just part 32-081 or the whole piece 32-082.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Possibly, but I'm not sure if the mold for this part has changed over the years. Chances are likely that it will work.

I just tried removing the guard on our 32-082 and snapping it on our 32-081 and it worked. All you need is a small flat-head screwdriver and pliers (be careful not to break the plastic socket).
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)