Kerf Mount Sweep Seal. 3/8vs3/4

A contractor from Sisters, Oregon says:
Kerf Mount Sweep Seal. The item you sell (58-200) and I bought is 3/8 on the length of the flap. The kerf fit but the leaf part at 3/8 is to short to seal the doors and needs to be 3/4......Do you have the wider leaf? if you don't do you know who does.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200309_165904.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200309_170001.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200309_170022.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

3/4" is pretty extraordinary for this kind of weatherseal. I'm not sure if we have anything that big. Can you tell me where this installs? Is this for a window or door?

Front and back doors to a structure built in 1975
Profile picture of Tom

Okay, that makes more sense. The 58-200 is for windows, which is why I was confused. It definitely won't work on a door.

Even then, 3/4" is still a pretty large flap. We sell the 58-056E, which is designed for doors and has the same kind of kerf insert as your original. However it only has a .490 height. 

If your door is wood, you could use the 58-169. This installs using nails. This allows you to adjust it to wherever it needs to go for the best possible seal before nailing it in. 

Let me know what you think of these options.

order the 58-056E.

Thanks,
Fred
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you very much! Your business means a lot. Please let us know how it works out or if you wanted to ask us anything else. I'm always here to help.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.