Kerf-Style Replacement Weather Stripping

A handy person from Rapid City, SD says:
I am trying to replace the kerf style weather stripping on an exterior door. I am having trouble finding replacement weather stripping that has a wide enough Kerf. I need 1/4" wide. The groove in the door is 1/4" wide x 1/2" deep. Everything I have tried is too narrow and just falls out of the groove.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200324_163226880.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid this old "bulb" type kerf seal isn't made anymore, which is probably why you've had so much trouble tracking it down.

Is this a wood door? If so, you could use our 58-169 as a substitute. This is a very versatile seal that can work on most wood doors due to its nail-on flange. You can adjust it to whatever position it needs to be in for the best possible seal before nailing it in place.

We also sell the 58-180, which is more or less the same except it installs using an adhesive backing.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.