Key Cylinder for Acorn DorWal Handle

A handy person from CO says:
Do you have a key cylinder for this Acorn Dorwal handle? The silver disc is a knockout.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 19917.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20633.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20634.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200917_150959.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200917_151004.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your handle set looks like our 82-055K Acorn handle set, which uses our 82-310 key lock. Thanks for posting! 

I had also asked this question as a reply to someone that had a similar question, but didn't have any pictures. From looking closer at the 82-310 key lock, I'm not sure it would fit. I just ordered the entire 82-055K handle so I was sure I had a solution to lock this door. When I get the 82-055K I'll see if the lock in it would fit my old door handle and post back for the benefit of future DIYers.
So the answer to my original question is "No". Key cylinder 82-310 will NOT fit in an Original Acorn Dorwal handle, or at least not in the version I have shown in the pictures.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

It is possible that your handle is just too old fashioned. The key lock that went with the older original DorWall handle is no longer available. The supplier suggests using the 82-310; I've used it myself and I find it works pretty well. If it's not compatible with your original, then you may need the updated 82-055K style.

That is exactly correct. The handle I originally posted pictures of is likely a different older style. It's the original one that was on the door when it was manufactured around 1982. The slot for the key cylinder "fin" is horizontal and has a rib in the way that won't let the 82-310 fit. So I just bought an entire new 82-055K handle.
A home owner from VA says:
Before reading the earlier exchange, I ordered an 82-310 key lock in hopes that it would fit my old Dorwal. Just as Handy Person from CO discovered, the 82-310 does not fit. Can I now order an 82-055K handle set WITHOUT the key lock, so I can use the key lock I've already received? Thank you
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for contacting us. Hopefully I can help.

So, we do sell the 82-055, which is the same as the 82-055K but without a key lock. It's also fully compatible with the 82-310, but getting the 82-310 to work in the 82-055 will take some work. You have to knock out or even drill out the punch, and then file the hole smooth to accept the key cylinder. Just make sure you are as careful as possible because if the hole isn't even then the lock won't fit and you'd have to start over with a new handle.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.