DFA Storm Door Key needed

A home owner from Franklin, OH says:
I am locking to purchase a lock for this door handle, which is on my DFA storm door. I had a locksmith look at my door, and he said it is unable to be rekeyed. I am hoping that 40-089 is the item I am looking for. Unfortunately, i was unable to take a pic of the internal workings of the current lock. It is oval, matching 40-089, but it has 2 flappers (I believe that's what they are called) - one for the thumbturn and one for the key. Will 40-089 work for Mr, or is rpthere another lock that I need? Thank you.
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It's really hard to be sure, but take a look at our 40-123, and the 40-129 offset key cylinder. See if either of these match up to your key lock. I don't believe the 40-089 will fit you handle, to be honest. The shape is not the same. You may want to contact a professional to replace this lock.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.