Key wont release w/o unlocking

A quick learner from Temecula says:
Problem is when you rotate key to lock door it turns the lever fine, then when you return key to the start position to remove the key the locking lever turns slightly as well, unlocking the door.

Should the tumbler be ratcheting somehow so not to turn the lever back or ??

I am trying to figure out if it is a minor tumbler problem, a problem with the lever mechanism, or a terrible system that just needs full replacement of the door style.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like the key cylinder is out of sync. When the cylinder was installed in the handle, it's possible that the key was in the wrong position. I would try to reinstall the key cylinder and make sure the key and the tail is in the correct position. They can be a little tricky at times.
A quick learner from Lake Havasu says:
Thank you. I am returning home in a week and can't wait to remove the stick and try the key again.
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.