A home owner from Kissimmee, FL says:
Good Day,

I have 2 windows marked as so...

* Single Hung window
* Series Mark 40/50 Premium Standard
* AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97
* H-LC25/35-52x96
* Mfr. Code Kinco, LTD in Jax, FL

...and am in need of ordering channel balances (1/2" wide & 25" in length) for each. I have boiled it down to Series 380 and 385, however, cannot identify which is the correct one to order as they both look quite the same.

24 4 CX CMC and then a symbol that looks like a question mark at the end of the code is stamped on the side of the balance.

I would truly appreciate if you could advise which is the correct item I need to order? You may contact me at the above email if there are any other questions.

Thank you for your time,
Luz
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Luz, thanks for posting! The major difference between our Series 380 and Series 385 can be found in their bottom shoes, which are our 15-005 and 15-004, respectively. Take a look at these shoes and note their dimensions. Which one matches your own shoe?

As for the stamp, usually 24 4 corresponds to our 2440 option. I would just double check the weight of your sash to the rating shown for the 2440 to confirm that it'd work for you.
A home owner from Kissimmee, FL says:
Hi Tom,

Ugh! COMPLETELY missed those product links that show shoe size! We have the 1".

Thank you greatly for the info & your quick response!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Of course, it was my pleasure! Looks like you'll want the Series 380 channel balance, in that case. Let me know if you have any other questions!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.