Kinro window balance

A home owner from Williston ND says:
I have a single hung window that has a broken balance. It is a Kinro and the # on the side of the balance is 26-4 DI5 CMC 34. The rivet holding the spring to the top broke loose and the cord is broken/cut. I will need to replace the complete balance.

It is in a modular home built in 2012-2013.

Thanks for your help
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi, thanks for reaching out about your balances. We can certainly help you navigate to the correct replacement, but we'll need to see a photo of two of what you have now. If you can send us photos showing the top and bottom plastic attachments and the overall balance, we can take it from there!

In the meantime, this video may help you narrow down the appropriate replacement. 

The length of the metal channel is 27".
Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I was able to narrow what you have down to two options. You either have our Series 380 or our Series 385 channel balance. The difference lies in the depth of the shoe.

The Series 385 balance has a 15-004 shoe, which is 1-3/32” deep, while the Series 380 balance has a 15-005 shoe, which is 1” deep.

Please reference the photo below to see exactly how to measure the depth of your shoe to determine which series you have. Then you'd choose S380-27 or S385-27, depending.

Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
My shoe measures 1-3/32 inches deep so I guess I need a S385-27 channel balance. I actually need a set of two. How do I go about ordering them?
Thanks,
Lester
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.