Kitchen Crank Out Window

A quick learner from westerly says:

Hi,

I purchased a kitchen crank out window about 10 years ago and the crank is stripped, the metal part use to be a hexigon and now it is rounded. The above barcodes were found on another window NOT the kitchen crank out window. I contacted the place where the windows were purchased and they no longer sell American Craftsman windows. I am hoping you can help with a part number and how I can purchase another crank.

Tks Cathy

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0866.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0863.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0864.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Cathy. We might be able to help, but I need to see more of the operator itself. Your photo shows the base, but that only tells half the story. If possible, please remove it from the window and show me the whole thing by itself and without obstruction. I can then see if we have a good match in our inventory.

Hi,

Here is a complete picture of the kitchen window. I appreciate your help.

Tks Cathy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0934.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid seeing the window doesn't tell me anything. I need to see the operator itself removed from the window.

Hi Tom,

I do not know how to remove the operator from the window, can you please advise me on how to do that. I thought I could just buy a new crank and pop it in the window. I am not to savvy.

Tks Cathy
Profile picture of Tom

If you are able to open the window, you should be able to unscrew the base of the operator from the sill.

If it's not possible to open this window, then see if there is an identical window in the house that we can use as a reference. You will need to open this window eventually, though, in order to make the repair.

Hi,

I can open the window by using the crank from another kitchen window. Is the operator the white thing?? How do I unscrew that??

Tks Cathy
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, the operator is the white thing. Once you open the window, you should see the screws on the outer window sill. You don't even really need to take it out, as long as I can see as much of the operator as possible in one shot, then I'll be good to go. Right now we can only see the base, which is just half of the complete part. The other half is blocked off by the window frame. It's necessary to either open the window or remove the part to see it.

Hi,

Ok, I think I am making progress, hopefully these pictures will help us. I appreciate your help.

Tks Cathy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0941.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0942.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0943.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! That's a huge help. My first recommendation would be the 39-330. I believe this is just what you need, but you should carefully review the photo and information we show on the 39-330 store page to confirm.

Hi,

Can you send me the link so I can order the product. Am I able to order directly from Swisko??
Hi,

Does the operator come with a crank??
Profile picture of Tom

I did send you the link, you can see it in my previous response. All orders can be placed directly from our site at your convenience.

It does not come with a handle; that would be the 39-205, which is sold separately.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.