Knife latch Question

A quick learner from South Jersey says:
Hello! I am having trouble finding these latches to keep my screen in place. In the picture is the original latch (plastic) that was broken in three places. They came from windows manufactured by United Windows. Any and all help will be appreciated! Thank you!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for writing in. Plastic knife latches would be pretty unusual, as they would not last long under the UV rays from the sun. Please look and compare our two latches, the 70-172 & 70-174, to yours. 

A home owner from Maryland says:
I need to replace some of the rusty knife latches on my screens. Is there a video or a trick on how to remove the old ones? I am having trouble getting the old one out with out damaging the screen frame.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The trick I found was that you need to use a small flat blade screw driver so that you can sneak into the screen frame cut out and depress that "notch" or widen the cut out in the screen a little to bypass the "notch" on the clip. Try that and see if it works.

How to remove screen knife latches
How to remove screen knife latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.