Kohltec Windows

A home owner from 04074 says:

Any chance this part can be replaced on this builder installed Kohltec double hung window? It is what stops the window from falling down when it is opened from the bottom. Thank you for your help - Denise, Scarborough, Maine

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210512_182039.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210512_181705.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This part is called a tilt latch. Specifically, this the thumb lever for an internal tilt latch, the main mechanism of which is built inside the sash frame itself.

Your thumb lever in particular is not a design that we have. One of the two prongs on the bottom has snapped off, so I'm not 100% sure what kind of design you're working with there, but they look like they were far apart. With that in mind you can consider our 26-154 to start out. Look this part over and let me know what you think.

Profile view of 26-154
Profile view of 26-154
A home owner from 04074 says:
Yes Tom - that looks exactly what it is and the dimensions are the same.

Any chance I could get a few of these? Thanks much, Denise
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great! Yes, you can place an order for these directly from our site at your convenience. We have no minimum quantity, either.

Let me know if you had any other questions!

Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.