Kolbe & Kolbe Window Weatherstripping

A handy person from Carmel, CA says:
I have more than a dozen Kolbe & Kolbe wood casement windows which were installed in 1994. I have attached a photo which shows the window.

The weatherstripping needs to be replaced. I have attached a photo which shows the weatherstripping. I measured the bulb portion of the weatherstripping with a micrometer and it is approximately 0.225 inch. It is quite brittle, and I suspect the new replacement might measure larger.

I measured the portion that inserts into the slot in the window and, at its widest point, it measures approximately 0.1 inch.

Do you have a replacement?

User submitted photo of bubble seal and window operator.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at the 58-053 Bubble Seal.
A home owner from Asheville says:
My window looks very similar to the one in the photo above. I looked at the recommended bubble seal and mine is slightly different. My bulb is at a 90 degree angle to the insert strip. The measurements of the bulb (5/16") and insert strip (1/4") are similar also.

Can you help

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Check out our 58-055 and see if that's a better match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)