Kolbe window parts

Quick Learner from ri
Jun 29, 2023 4:56 pm
Al clad wood Kolbe window from 2009. In vinyl sash liner.
Can not ID the balance setup at all on this, weird shoe and no idea what type of balance it connects with. Also can not match the tilt stud, the new one in the pic is 25-402, close, but not really ... help?
CropperCapture[1136] CropperCapture[1137] CropperCapture[1141] CropperCapture[1142]
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Jun 30, 2023 9:21 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for writing in! I am confident that we can provide you with a replacement balance, however, to be absolutely sure, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window. I am specifically looking to see any attachments connect to the bottom of the balance channel.

Unfortunately, the stamp from the balance does not help to identify the type of balance you need. The stamp from the balance only indicates the weight range your balances should be able to carry to support the sash however, we'll first need to determine the balance series you need.

In regard to the pivot shoe, I'll also need to see a photo of that part removed from the window. You'll also need to have it removed to compare/confirm any measurements. 

The 26-402 appears to be the closest match to your existing pivot bar. When installing it, did you have any trouble with getting it to fit into your pivot shoe? May I please see a photo of the bar removed from the window frame?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts