Komcraft Assistance

A quick learner from CANTON MA says:
I have very old 1999 Komcraft window distributed by Harvey Window... How do I dis-assemble the rear sash of a Double hung window to install the pivot bar..

The window I have has 2 screws on the side of the window near the bottom and 2 near the top but NOT on the bottom of the window frame.

So to get at the Pivot bar it appears I have to take the Lower part of the window frame is that true ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for submitting your inquiry to our discussion board.

We are not familiar with this window so we will need to see pictures of it before being able to recommend anything.

Generally you don't have to disassemble a sash to replace a pivot bar so you have us quite intrigued.

I need a replacement Tilt Latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank for you sending us photos of the parts you need. 

This is an internal tilt latch. I am afraid we do not carry this kind of latch. 

We suggest you consider converting to surface mounted tilt latches, like our 26-228 and 26-229

See the video below from our experts. 

This may work for the Inner Sash but what about the Outer Sash where the surface mount tilt-Latch would prevent the window from closing ?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, I think I may be of some assistance. I believe you may be looking for our 26-155 internal latches. Please compare our details to yours and let me know if you agree.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.