Latch Handel #38-165 and #38-166

A home owner from Columbus, Ohio says:
I see that the #38-166 handle in the photograph has a distinct bend to the right but the #38-165 seems to be straight. Is this correct?

The handles I am trying to replace have different curves, one to the right and one to the left, other than that your handles seem to match (except, mine are tapped, so I will need to use bolts on the inside which is a bummer). Other than style, I believe there is no functionality to the curve as both left and right windows open outward. Would you concur with my thoughts? Would it be best to just replace with the straight ones? I need one 1 right and 3 left. I believe the original windows are aluminum Crossly dating from 1953.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! The 38-166 curves one way and the 38-165 curves the other. These are exactly the same otherwise. They're two sides of a pair. Hopefully that makes sense.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.