Latch from a HADCO window

A quick learner from Chicago says:
Hi I am searching for replacement latches for the latch in the picture with the broken slide piece. It is the longer of the two latches. I purchased a new latch (also pictured) from a local window manufacturer but the screw holes are not aligned and the new latch dimensions are smaller. The distance between the two screw holes is 2.25"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 24F5BE49-8BA9-4344-AD06-949A965EA851.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C0E2C054-5938-451A-8E0E-5BF6DC579D67.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

I'm afraid we have no tilt latch with 2-1/4" hole center spacing. Can you verify that dimension for us? You'll want to measure from the center of each installation hole, not the edge. 

Hi Emily, I am waiting to get another sample of the broken latch. When I get one I will take measurements and get back to you.
Profile picture of Emily

Sounds good! I'll be here to help. 

Hi Emily, I measure the hole to hole distance at 58mm, the edge to edge width at 85mm, and edge to edge depth at 30mm. There is a marking in the plastic that reads "P5I" and another "4".

Keeping my fingers crossed you have a match.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 95B12E79-65A8-4A4C-9E8F-7FEEED01521A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B629FF99-55B3-45F2-82D4-B369D57D9E80.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 754A8EE2-785C-4FA1-B0C3-EB9DCDD7C516.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for getting back to me. We don't have a tilt latch with these specifications, unfortunately. It appears the 26-078 and 26-079 comes close but this measures 2-5/16" on installation hole centers. Your best bet may be to contact the original manufacturer of the window directly. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hi Emily it's close enough I'd like to give it a shot. Even if the holes for the latch don't align, I bet the broken slide inserts are close enough in size I could replace those and use them with the old latches. I can purchase the parts directly from the website?
Thanks for all your help!
Profile picture of Emily

Yes, all orders can be placed directly on our website at your convenience! You can also view our return policy here just in case! 

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.