Latch only or entire lockset?

A quick learner from Rolling Meadows, IL says:
Need to replace the inside latch only if possible. Would the 40-053 be a suitable replacement or would we need to replace the entire lock set with your 40-177? Important: Can the outside lever be reversed to face the hinges? Thanks in advance!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Full door outside view reduced.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Exterior.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Side View reduced with measurements.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch Only.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch and deadbolt.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Your handle set isn't made anymore, but I've known other customers who used our 40-150 as a replacement for the older inside latch. I think this is your best option. The only caveat is that you will likely have to shim it up a little to meet the old keeper.

If all fails, though, then I do think that our 40-177 can be used as a substitute.

Both the 40-150 and 40-177 can be flipped around to work on either side.

A quick learner from Rolling Meadows, IL says:
Tom,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. Difficult decision to go with just the 40-150 or the complete 40-177 set. On our door, center line from lock to door knob is about 3 1/2".

I watched the install video for the 40-177 set. First question: Are all 6 spindle lengths supplied with the kit as well as the different length screws? Our door is 1 ½" thick.

Final question: If the inside latch and/or deadbolt needs shimming to meet the old keepers any recommendation for shimming material?

Thank You again.

Steve
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5009 Reduced.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Exterior.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the 40-177 should come with all the proper spindles and hardware for installation. As for shimming the latch, we actually did carry a shim specifically made for the 40-150 at one time, but it was recently discontinued and we have been unable to find a good source for something similar. I would check with a local hardware store and see what they recommend. You could potentially use washers but that's obviously not very good looking. Hopefully a store near you has a plate of some kind that can comfortably mount under it.

How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.