Latch and channel balance

A quick learner from USA says:
I bought a house with some windows that do not have balancers. The window glass is about 23" and the distance between the top balance hole to I think you call it a Yale catch is 23". Looks like a 1/2 " wide balancer would fit. I don't know if the top holes should have clips or not since they don't.

Not quite sure how this clip works. And, I will need two balancers. I took a pictures. Any help would be great.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
I also need bottom latches for two older windows they are 1 13/16 long and have about a 1/2" catch opening. Any recommendations would be great. Also, I think I found the right balancers, marked 2830 for our brown windows, 2830, 29" metal end to metal end. Would it be 351-29 or 351-30. I only measured metal to metal.

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If the stamp is 2830, then the metal channel should be 29" long. You do not count the nylon caps when you measure.

The take out clip is called a Yale stop, see our 16-028. You would place the balance hook in the lower hole in the window track and hook the top of the balance under the Yale stop. See the video below, this may help.
As for the plastic latch, see our 90-293. This may be a match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)