A quick learner from New York says:
Hi, what's this piece of my window called. It this white latch on the bottom sash of my double hung window. It just wedges into the bottom on the top sash, so not sure if it's a lock or what part it is for replacement on another similar window. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E8AB258F-42C2-4D67-A87B-0C9C168DE0EF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 26B5C1FB-5291-48C5-956E-D71F47A988D8.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

This part is called a sash lock and our 90-072 was the first to come to mind. Review our dimensions and compare them with your old hardware to see if they match up.

Alternate image for 90-072
Alternate image for 90-072

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at