Finger pulls are broken on my Windows

A home owner from Angel Fire NM says:

We recently purchased a new home in Angel Fire New Mexico. Several of the finger ?pulls? are broken. We also have no markings or info on the windows themselves. There is a silver tag from the AAMA. It states:

Quality control and testing AAMA Certification Program, accredited by American National standards Institute A-L-I validation MFGR code B.B.-2

ANSI/AAMA 101-88 or AAMA 101V-86

R residential

Forced entry resistant.

I should mention the home was built in 1990.

Any help that you can give us will be deeply appreciated and you can count on me as a future customer.

Laura 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

You have an old Betterbilt window. The top tilt latch will be our 26-295. Please compare and let us know if you have any other questions.

A home owner from Angel Fire NM says:
Thank-you so much, Casey?you are a genius. We had exhausted every other avenue, and you saved the day. We are also concerned about replacement screens?I?ve attached a closeup of one of the little-knobs/latches that are essential to set the screen in place. Each screen has two of these at each end. Do you manufacture them to size or are there standard sizes that you stock?
I will be ordering a pair of the top tilt latch shortly and hope that my husband can install, then we?ll be ordering all the replacement latches plus a few spare, plus we?ll be sure to keep your info in a safe place for the future.
Again, thank-you so much for your quick and very helpful reply!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Great, I'm glad we were able to help you with that latch! We also greatly appreciate your business.

As for this knob, it looks like the cap on a plunger in. I'd bet it's either the 70-009 or 70-008, but you'll have to remove an old one and measure it to confirm the best match.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.