Leaf weather strip for a Cento Door

A handy person from Kingsport TN says:

This weather strip is about 1/2 the size of a off the shelf leaf weatherstrip from Lowe's or Home Depot. The rigid leg is about 1/4 inch, the leg that lays against the door is about 3/8 inch and the leg that seals to the door is about 1/4 inch. The original pieces are 8 ft long. I have contacted the door manufacturer but have not gotten a response to my emails. Thanks for your help. Tracy

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A476DA84-8318-48E4-9C01-B5D69938E329.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4EDAE332-524B-4053-8906-1FEEEADCBB17.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

We don't have an exact match for this seal, as the bottom bulb attachment is a bit unusual, but see our 58-201 or 58-056E. These attach via kerf mounting. Look them over and let me know what you think. 

Hey Bob, hope your Easter went well. Not sure the 58-201 or the 58-056E will work. Could I get a sample of each to try? a 6 to 12 inch will work. Also, are they cut to length or do I cut on site? Thanks for your help. Tracy ( stay safe)
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Looking at your photo, I think you have the same kind of weather stripping I have on my doors at home. I have Peachtree brand doors whose weatherstripping had a large "kerf" that went into a slot on the door jamb. 

What I did at the time, which was a while ago, was to use our 58-056E. I used small nails to secure it in place since the kerf wasn't large enough. However if I had the choice now, I'd go with our 58-169. This is specifically designed to nail on. I think this is your best bet. If you want, you can order a sample of it from this page to try out.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You got it! I was happy to help. If you had any follow-up questions, please let me know.

Hey Dave Sr. thanks for getting back so quickly. Ill try what you suggest and see what happens. Thanks again T
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.