Legacy Keyed Handle Set, 3-15/16" (1-1/8" to 2-1/2")

A quick learner from Annandale, Virginia says:
Hello,

I would like to replace my very old sliding glass handle with a Keyed Lock handle set with internal mortise lock.

Does part number 82-086 Legacy Keyed Handle Set, 3-15/16" (1-1/8" to 2-1/2") have everything, including mortise lock and key set?

Please see attached pictures of my old sliding glass handle set. Please help me select a key lock for the sliding glass door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3470.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3471.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3472.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3473.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3478.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It looks to me like you have our 82-035 handle set. This can be converted into a keyed handle with our 82-315. Our handles don't come with mortise locks, but yours looks similar to our 82-218, though I would confirm that by comparing the distance between the installation holes. Let me know what you think! 

Thank you very much, Julia, for the information on the handle, key, and mortise. I will buy them.
Profile picture of Casey

It’s my pleasure. Thank you for choosing SWISCO.com. We really appreciate your business and hope you will consider us for your future hardware replacement needs.

The Key Lock And Housing Product Code 82-315 is not available. And I can not wait any longer.

Can I use Legacy Keyed Handle Set, 3-15/16" (1-1/8" to 2-1/2") Product Code 82-086, which has a key lock? It seems that it has the same dimension as Patio Door Handle Set, 3-15/16" Product Code 82-035.

Thank you
Profile picture of Casey

I apologize for this inconvenience. The 82-086 won't work as a replacement because the thumb turn lever is offset, whereas yours is centered. However, take a look at our 82-030. I think this is a viable alternative, and it can be keyed with our 82-310. Let me know what you think!

Thank you for the info.

Will Mortise Lock, Round Face, 3-11/16" (Product Code: 82-218) fit into Sliding Patio Door Handle Set, 3-15/16" (Product Code: 82-030)? I also need a mortise lock.

I believe I will need to knock-out the hole on the patio door handle 82-030 to install the key lock 82-310.

Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yep, the 82-030 handle set and 82-218 mortise are fully compatible. The 82-030 is actually the same as the 82-086, it's just a slightly different style and lacks a key lock. As you said, the 82-310 will work perfectly fine for it.

Thank you. I just made a purchase.
I received 82-030 handle set. Before I can install it, I need to install the 82-310 key lock.

There are three circles on the exterior handle for key lock. Do I knock out the center circle to install the 82-310 key lock? I want to make sure before I knock out one of the circle. Base on video, I use a hammer and a strong device (such as screw driver) to knock out the circle (inside & outside). Please confirm. Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That is exactly how you knock out those punch circles, yes. As for whether it needs to be the center hole or not, I can't answer that. You need to see how those punch circles align with where your key lock is meant to install and knock out whichever one is needed.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.