Lemco Window Questions

A home owner from Wilmington, DE says:
Hello!

I have ten of these windows that are showing their age. I've looked everywhere for any type of markings and I can't find any. I saw a video where a guy replaced similar windows on his Airstream and said the model number is usually on the lower left exterior, but mine has nothing.

I need a few shoulder screws which I've identified as 1/4" -20 thread, but the window crank measures 5 1/4" inches which is found under the awning window section of your site. I guess I have a couple questions.

1. Do you know the years these were made?
2. Is there a brand of replacement parts that I can buy that's similar to Lemco or is it on a part-by-part basis? In other words, I might be able to use a Keller operator but a different brand for another part.
3. Can you please tell me the official name of this type of window? It has three panes. I've seen the terms Jalousie, Awning and Miami used for these types of windows online.
4. I'm planning to clean out the mechanisms of all ten windows since they've never been cleaned. Is there any other maintenance I should do like replacing any seals, etc?

Thank you in advance.

Brian
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Brian. I think we can help. I'll go over your questions one at a time.

1) I believe your awning window is pre-1970, possibly made some time in the 1960's.

2) It's a part by part basis, to be honest. Many brand windows use a ton of different operators from all over. As for your operator, I can't get a good look at your top hole to see if it is off set like the Keller 39-061. I'm also not sure what the mounting hole spacing is. However the Keller or even the 39-025 (which has a threaded sector as opposed to using a shoulder screw) might work. Look at both operators to see if either of these could work for your window.

3) Your window is what is called an Awning window.

4) If you are planing to clean up the windows, I suggest removing the operator and then opening the window by hand to make sure nothing is hanging up in the linkage. It'd also good to lubricate the window with a silicone spray. If you lubricate the operators, use a grease type lubricant instead.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.