Lengthy of Key Lock assembly 82-310

A handy person from Longmont CO says:
Does the 1-3/16" spec include the knurled part of the assembly or just the barrel? My door pull is 1- 1/4 O.D., and given the 1/16" thickness of the punch out the knurled part would not enter the door if that length is to the end of the whole assembly (excluding the tail of course). I presume I would be making a hole in the aluminum door to accommodate the knurled part of the assembly. There is ample room between the door wall and the latch assembly it seems if the knurled part goes into the door. It seems that would be needed for stability as well.

So, could you be a bit more specific about the dimensions of the barrel, knurled end and chrome key part thickness of the 82-310 assmebly. (My door pull is a Sash Control Inc, Pt.1963)

Thanks,
Gene
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Gene. The 82-310 is meant to replace very specific handles, and can't work for just anything. Before we go any further, I'd like to see your existing handle to make sure that the 82-310 is what you need.
A handy person from Longmont CO says:
I am going to be away for a week or so, so cannot provide a picture. I am sure the 82-310 would work if distance from the face of the keyhole to the end of the barrel and knurled end were more more than 1-3/8"
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I took one of the 82-310 cylinders from stock to measure it up. I came up with 1-1/4" from the face where the key enters to the knurled end where the spindle comes out. The spindle itself is 2-1/4" long. I hope that helps.
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.