Lock cylinder

A quick learner from Miami, Florida says:

Is there a lock cylinder that would work For the multipoint sliding door lock ?

This is the lock pic if it help. Tenant is looking to lock it with a key from inside so his younger kids won't go outside

It's a double hook Mortise lock

Ty in advance

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A05B7E16-856F-49E5-BF5D-0956ACBF7C20.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E898A0BA-B56E-4CE2-8841-B06DEAC197C5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7DAB294B-794A-42AC-AD07-86A3EDF46B74.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C1CE8060-E6D7-44A0-AFF6-39D62E207593.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. To be honest, this mortise lock is actually unfamiliar to me; I've never seen it before. I'm going to consult with one of my senior colleagues who specializes in patio door hardware; he may have a better idea, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps I can be of assistance! Your handle looks similar to the 82-402. This has a 'knockout' key hole in the exterior handle and can take the 82-310 key lock. Now, I don't see the indentation for such a key lock on the exterior handle in your photos. Instead of replacing the entire handle set, you could try and just replace the exterior pull with our 82-306 keyed pull. See if the mounting holes and key plug match up to the one in your door. Let us know what you find.

A quick learner from Miami, Florida says:
Ty very much for your help with this and for your response.
I removed it and took measurements and it is 3-15/16 center to center screw holes and the 82-402 is very similar if not the same.
Would it be possible to get only the handles and the key cylinder without the actual mortise lock mechanism?
Also, do the 82-402 comes in a silver/grey finish ?
Mine has a knockout hole but the owner doesn't want me to alternate the existing one so I would do that on a new handle.".
I'll attach more pic.
Ty in advance and have a great weekend.

Best regards,

David.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F6779774-D2EE-47D9-8EAB-9818E5F8CAC8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3F47746F-3BF6-450A-84FC-5F0E85977F8A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3D695298-428E-47AD-93AA-72A988B62937.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

You know, looking at the inside of your pull, I see you might be better off just trying to see if our 82-315 Key Lock & Housing would work with your existing hardware. To install, you would need to punch out the center knockout hole; you'd then need to see if the smaller 'divot' holes align with the mounting holes on the key lock, which are 1-7/8" apart, as you'll need to drill through the divot holes to install the housing. See the diagram below:

Dimensions for 82-315
Dimensions for 82-315

Also see the video below about installation of the 82-315 on a similar outside pull:

Now, I stress that I can't be entirely sure this will work; it's possible the key-tail will not be compatible with your old mortise lock. But I think it's the best solution we have. The components of the 82-402 are not sold separately, so this certainly would be a more optimal solution if you can get it to work. The 82-315 comes in bronze as well as white and beige. Let me know what you think.

How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.