Lock handle came off

A quick learner from Redwood City, Calif says:
Hi there -- Glad I found you. I'll be purchasing some hardware from you. One question:

The lock handle on this casement window lock came off. I'm having a heck of a time pushing it back in to reattach it. It wiggles around and seems impossible to get back in, especially with the plastic washer piece in place.

Any clues and are these supposed to come apart like this? Is it broken or salvageable? And if I need to replace can you point me to a video on removing and replacing?

Thanks!
Billy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-8968.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-8965.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If you can't get the handle back in place, then your lock is broken and will need to be replaced. There should be screws that you can access on the outside of the window that will allow you to remove it.

I see you were looking at our 38-096. This may be what you need; once you remove your lock, carefully compare our dimensions to your own part to confirm that everything lines up.

How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.