Lock handle set for patio door

A home owner from Washington says:
Hi I?d like to order a handle lock set with keyed lock installed from your company, to replace my existing set which does not lock. I need two sets for two identical doors as pictured below.

Can you please help me to learn how to measure to ensure I am ordering the correct sized set. Is there a specific way for me to measure? Thank you very much. Scott
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 135FFB57-0D97-4D60-825E-3FE51C70C45E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 79FD6EDE-887E-4F41-A3BB-DEED0EA71EB9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E367534D-8584-4522-9D97-E722F8FB1192.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, I feel very confident that our 82-081 handle set will work for your door. This has a 4-15/16" hole spacing, center-to-center, which should match what you have now. It will also be fully compatible with your existing mortise lock.

Thank you sir. I will order today. Thanks again for your assistance.
Hi Tom
One quick follow up. I see it says
"Includes installation fasteners for doors up to 1-3/8" thick"

My door appears to be 1- 1/2" thick.

Is there any other parts or accessories I should buy along with the 82-0281 to ensue a good fit?

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

In your case, I would advise reusing your original screws. That should allow you to use our handle set.

That's Tom.
Hi Tom,
This part of the lever does not seem to fit flush over the black plastic piece in the handle. Can you advise. Thanks. Scott
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E8733DCD-50FD-462E-AB5B-AD8F3DB0E00E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 884F9405-F141-4CA5-B515-066CA63D7C96.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

I would try removing that black plastic piece from the handle to install the thumb lever.

Thanks I will give that try.

Success

Thanks. Ordered another one today.

I had a difficult time cutting the spindle. I used hack I saw and couldn't make a cut. Wound up snapping it in a couple of places and got lucky.

What TPI blade would you generally use to cut the spindle.

I ordered an extra spindle just in case I mess it up.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.