Lock inoperative

A handy person from Grants Pass, Oregon says:

Hello, this 20 year old patio slider lock mechanism is inoperative. When you move the lock lever up or down, the lock arm used to travel up and out of the door, or down and recess into the door. Now, when you move the lock lever in either direction, nothing happens now. Unfortunately, there is no data plate located anywhere on the door. The only markings is located on a gold paper label that says " SGD-C25", and " series 3100".

If your able to identify the door lock set from my photos that I sent to you in this email, I would like to order a replacement lock hardware kit from your company.

Let me know if I can supply you any other information about the door to help you identify what needs to be replaced.

Thank you,

Patrick

Patio handle
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If the inside mortise lock is all that's broken, consider our 82-218 for a possible replacement. Compare our pictures and dimensions to your part to confirm. A good way to make sure the mortise lock is the only broken part is to remove the handle and then try to manually throw the lock with a screwdriver. If you still have problems, then you've found your culprit.
A handy person from Vancouver, WA says:

This is the exact mortise lock I need. The old mortise lock fell inside the door frame and I can't retrieve it. Next question is, how are you supposed to install the new one? Wouldn't you have to tear apart the door to put a new one in?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mortise photo.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named dimensions front and side.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named side view door.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You won't have to tear the door apart at all. The 82-218 just pops in. We have a video on the 82-218 store page that shows you the best way of doing this. I'll also post it here for your convenience.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.