Lock on sliding door not opening smooth

A quick learner from Concord, CA says:
Hello. Our sliding door's lock will not operate smoothly. When we put the key in, it takes a lot of jiggling before the lock unlatches. It is purely by chance that we can lock or unlock it. Is this the problem of the cylinder lock where the key goes in or the dual hook mortises lock? If the latter, which model does it look like the replacement part would be? Thank you for your help.

Eileen
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if it's the key cylinder or the mortise lock that's the problem. There's a good way to know for sure, though. First, remove the inside and outside handle from the door entirely and then try to manually throw the inside mortise lock with a screwdriver. If you still need to jiggly it to get it to work, then the mortise lock is the problem. If it works fine, however, then it's the key cylinder that's causing the issue. Let me know once you've done this and we can work from there!
Hi Tom. Thanks for the response and instructions. We did what you instructed us to do and the mortise lock works fine. So I think we just need to order the key cylinder, hoping to reuse the beige part that encloses the key cylinder. Are you able to tell which key cylinder we should order from the attached photos? Thanks again for your help.

Eileen
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! I agree, I think we've narrowed it down to the right culprit. See our 82-310, I think you could install this in your handle set.
Tom, thanks for all the help you've given us. We will order the 82-310. Thanks again. We appreciate it!
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.