Locking mechanism slipping

A quick learner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada says:
Hi
I have a locking mechanism 31149 that slips out of my 40538 forks thus derailing preventing my window from locking.

I notice my other bay window has a similar lever on it but with a larger knobby end that slides on the two forks and hangs over the fork sides which prevents the slippage and derailing, photo 125541.

Your parts photo is not clear as to whether the part listed 45082 has a similar knobby end on the lever like 125541 or is it like my photo 123009.

If it does have the knobby end on it do you sell it as just the lever without the rail forks as I already have those?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Susan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220527_120231.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220527_123009.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220527_123027.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220527_125541.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Susan. Our 38-099 lock does indeed have a bearing at the end of the arm. You can see it clearly in the photo below. The bad news is that these are not sold separately, nor are they even meant to be removed, as they are firmly riveted to the arm. You will need an all new lockset, unfortunately.

Dimensions for 38-099
Dimensions for 38-099

A quick learner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada says:
Thanks Tom. I totally get it and understand the new locking system has the bearing on it. I need the left hand system and my husband Rex Beanland is making an order for the open closing mechanisms so I have sent my order number 38-099 to him to add to his order. Thanks so much. I am so pleased we will finally...after 10 years or more, we are going to get the mechanisms fixed. So grateful for your company.
Susan
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It was my pleasure! Please let me know if you had any other questions in the future. We're always here to help.

How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.