Will this lockset work on a 1-1/2" thick door?

A home owner from Troy, Michigan says:
Can you tell me the door thickness range recommended for this lockset. Our storm door is 1.5" thick with the Pado #301033 lockset.

Thank you,
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. I believe the 40-049 should work on a 1-1/2" door. The key cylinder seems to be long enough and you can adjust the handle spindle for the 1-1/2" door thickness. I can't be entirely certain without seeing your door's setup; but if by chance this handle set doesn't work, you can return it. See our Return Policy here. Let us know if you have further questions.

A home owner from Troy, Michigan says:
Thank you for the quick reply.
If '40-101' is purchased instead of 40-049:
1) does the spindle come pre-installed in one of the handles or
2) is it separate in the box allowing the customer to install and adjust the length based on door thickness as you note in the original reply?

I see the dimensions shown for the spindle
(2 7/16") however I'm not sure if this is the spindle length with it installed in the handle or separate? The 5/16" &11/16"dimensions are ok.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the handle can be adjusted to the thickness you need for you door. It has one handle fixed to the spindle at one end with a set pin and the handle at the other end has a set screw to secure the handle to the spindle.

How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.