Longer locking mechanism than 90-009?

A handy person from California says:
I ordered part # 90-009 but the part of the lock which makes contact with the window is too short so that it doesn't reach and make contact. Therefore, these locks won't lock the windows at all. Is there a part that has a slightly longer locking mechanism that will work?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Was the 90-009 exactly the same as your original window lock (other than the length of the tongue)? Do you know what brand your window is? Can you possibly send us some photos?
A quick learner says:
Thanks for the response.

Was the 90-009 exactly the same as your original window lock (other than the length of the tongue)?
- Yes, other than the tongue, the part that I ordered is the same.

Do you know what brand your window is?
- The only numbers\letters I can get off the windows are 'cawm mer 004'

I've attached two pictures, in both the original lock is on the left, and you can see that the tongue is about 1/4" longer on the original.

Let me know what you think.
User submitted photo of window lock.
A quick learner says:
Any update on this? I'd like to return the parts that I ordered.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We're still researching this window lock. Can you give us the measurement of exactly how far the tongue reaches from the body of the lock?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.