Looking for Steel Door Weatherstripping

A quick learner from 02646 says:

Hello,

I have a 30 year old steel exterior door and don't know the manufacturer. I am wanting to replace the weatherstripping and haven't been able to find one like the one on the door. Attached is a picture of the profile. It has a spong rubber seal and a bead where it pushes into a channel on the casing. Is this something you are familiar with? doo you stock this weatherstripping or know what manufacturer used it? The house was built by a builder and they used whatever doors they used at the time.

Thanks You,

Jim 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jim Feeney Steel Door Weatherstripping.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Jim. I am familiar with this old foam seal, actually, but the bad news is that it hasn't been made in a long time. Since this is a steel door, the only thing we have that may work is our 58-180. This has an adhesive backing, so I think it's promising, though it's obviously not the ideal match. I do think it's our best bet though. See what you think!

Profile view of 58-180
Profile view of 58-180
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.