Looking for Window Parts - Top Sash Channel Balance Guides

A home owner from Ladera Ranch, California says:

Hi,

I am looking for top sash channel balance guides.

I found one that looks like the part I was looking for on your website which is Product Code: 18-188. But the measurements was not correct.

I have attached two pictures of the part I am looking for and I have attached measurements.

Please help me locate the correct item.

Thank you,

Kevin 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0272.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0273.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Kevin. I made a list of a few guides for you to consider on this page. There's no guarantee any will work, but they're the best I could find. I'm kind of leaning toward the 18-009, but take a look and let me know what you think.

A home owner from Ladera Ranch, California says:
Hi thank you for your advice. I think I will try 18-009.
A quick learner from Hernando Beach Florida says:
Please confirm that I have correctly identified the balance as Series 390 with option 2950 for a 19 pound Non-tilt window.
I also need your help to identify the Top Sash Guide which I also need. I have noted the dimensions on the attached sketch.
Please note that the metal balance channel only measures 0.6" which I assume is considered to be 5/8".
Please let me know if you need additional information.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Sash Guide 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Sash Guide 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Top Adaptor-1.jpg
A quick learner from Hernando Beach FL says:

Addendum to inquiry D140918 to help ID the top sash guide.

an you identify and the Top Sash Guide on the attached sketch. I previously purchased two guides on order number 1246420. Neither one was the correct replacement but I was able to modify by grinding them down. I prefer the exact replacements if you can identify the part number from my sketch and provide replacement parts. Please note that I traced 2 views of the part and labeled them as "traced". The measurements were made using a analog dial caliber and I converted the values to the nearest 1/16". Please advise if you need additional information. Jack Bowerfind

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D140918 Addendum.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jack, let's see if we can run through these. First, your balance certainly looks like either an S351-30 or S390-30. if the depth of the nylon shoe is greater than 1", then Series 390 is the correct choice. You'll need a stamp option of 2950. 

For your Top Sash Guide, start by looking over our 18-166. Go over the dimensions and see how it compares.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.