matching (or equivalent) sliding glass door wheel

A home owner from Tucker, GA says:

Hello Swisco!

I have an old sliding glass door (possibly 1970s?) that has gotten a little "gritty" with its sliding operation. I took it off of the track, and discovered that the wheel has broken. However, I was hopeful when I saw that the whole wheel module was easily removable.

We've looked at our local Handy Ace, and we've done a little bit of looking online. I cannot seem to find an exact match. But my Google searching led me to your site and your Part Identifier service.

I have attached four images to the post. Can you help me find the right replacement, or an equivalent that will do the job?

Thanks!

Chris 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1312.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1311.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1310.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1313.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, this roller assembly has been discontinued and no substitute has been found. If the wheel is the only problem and you think that you can reuse the original housing, take a look at our roller and axle kits here depending on the diameter of your original wheel.

I'm sorry that we won't be able to provide a replacement for your original roller but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. Thanks for posting! 

A home owner from Tucker, GA says:
Thank you for your quick reply!

I can remove the wheel from the part assembly, and I think that likely one of the two kits should do it. I am just not sure which.

The wheel appears to have been broken/shattered, or otherwise ground down. It doesn't quite measure an inch. So, I suppose I should try the smaller of the two wheel kits. I am attaching more photos for your thoughts.

Thank you!
Chris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1322.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1321.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1320.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1324.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1323.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I agree that your operator wheel has certainly seen better days. You may want to check the other roller in your door to confirm if it has an intact wheel that you can measure. If not, you are welcome to order both sizes and send the incorrect one back to us. You can find our full return policy here

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.