Looking for replacement Coil Balance

A home owner from Elmira NY says:
broken coil has 6CH laser etched on it. the balance has 6.. also included tags that were attached to the window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken Coil.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like a 15-087 Coil Balance Shoe, which uses our Series 180 Coil Balances. A coil spring stamped '6' might be our S180-6 6 lb spring; but of course, you run the risk of it being a '9' spring too. If in doubt, obtain the exact weight of your window sash, and we'll work out what you need.

Thank you, the sash weighs 12.6 lbs enclosed is a picture of the end of the coil with 2 holes.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil End.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

If the sash weighs 12.6 lbs, then using (2) of the S180-6, one on each side of the sash, will work. That would equal 6 lbs of support on either side, for a total of 12 lbs of support overall--being within 1 lb of the actual sash weight works fine.

Thanks Bob
Can I just replace the coils or do I need the shoes also? My current shoes are not broken
Profile picture of Bob

Coil balance hardware is modular, meaning you can indeed replace things piece-by-piece. So if the shoes are undamaged, you can go ahead and just replace the coils. 

Just a Thank you for the excellent service. Received the parts and installed smoothly Really appreciate the help.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the very kind words, we appreciate it. Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks again for your business. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.