Looking for replacement latch

A home owner from USA says:
I need a replacement latch as pictured. The hooked part is only 1/2 inch wide. I have not found any this narrow in any stores in NH.
Can you help me?
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The closest I was able to find is our 90-249, though I'm not sure what you mean when you mention a 1/2" hooked part. What part of the lock exactly are you referring to?
A handy person from NH says:
The part on the "outside" window. It has a hook on it that is snagged by the moving part. The width of the "outside", non-moveable piece is only 1/2 inch wide. The width of the wood on the "outside" window is maybe a quarter inch wider.

In every store where i tried to buy a latch, the part with the hook is an inch wide or more so doesn't fit my window.

I hope this is understandable. I don't know what these parts are called.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you are talking about the keeper portion. The keeper for our 90-249 lock measures 1-7/8" wide, the depth is 7/16", and hole center distance is 1-7/16".
A quick learner from Nah says:
Thanks for your speedy response, Paul. Your lock should fit. I'll order it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)