Looking for same type of sliding door lock with key to lock.

A home owner from Rosedale says:
HI Swisco,
I am looking for the Guardian sliding door lock with key to lock and unlock. The picture shown here doesn't has a key to lock from outside. It would be better if you could help me to get a key cylinder only which is fit on this lock or I am happy to buy the whole set that has a key to lock.
This is a write up on the door.
Guardian
Geneva, NY
ANSI Z97,I-2009
16 CFR 1201 II
SAFETY TEMPERED
SGCC 2259 I/8UA
SAN/CGSB-12.1.M

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2863.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2864.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2865.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2878.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! You could theoretically get our 82-310 to fit in your outside handle, but note that your outside handle only has one position for a lock, which is centered. The thumb lever on your inside handle appears to have a lower position, which isn't compatible with a centered key lock. Does that make sense? In other words, the thumb lever and key lock have to be in the same position.

You may want to consider a new 82-044 outside handle and 82-315 key lock. Then you can mount the key lock wherever it needs to be for your door. We even have a video that shows you how this works. Let me know what you think!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

These parts are not sold together as a complete unit. These pieces are sold separate and you would have to install them on your door and pre-existing handle. 

I apologize if this may cause any inconvenience. 

Thank you for suggestions. From video I have to do some extra work which is fine but I don't have those tools. So, I want to place order 82-044 and 82-315 that comes with together. I mean handle with lock thus I don't have to make hole and cut the piece.
Hi Tom,
I measure inside handle which is 4" where screw goes but the measurements from outside handle 82-044 is 3-15/16". Does 84-044 handle going to fit inside handle before I place order?
Please refer to picture.

Thank you,
Raju
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C59EC198-CB6A-497D-B983-26CD150CB4BC.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Raju. Are you measuring from the center of each mounting hole? I am pretty confident this is still 3-15/16". Just let me know.

Hi Bob,

Actually, I did mobile measurement from one mounting point to another which shows 4" and end to end measurement is 7-1/2". If that is 3-15/16" than I will like to order the product. I just want to make sure all the measurements are correct so that I don't have to return the product.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 251237.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CCB38841-D1EE-4FEA-9FD3-5BF43B5F101E.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the reply, Raju. To be honest I'm very confident this is 3-15/16" and the 82-044 will work fine for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.