Looking for spacer/back plate.

A quick learner from North Carolins says:

Hi, I have trying to find replacement parts for my p57spdr patio door as the original parts were lost. I purchased the 89-041 keeper, however the latch will not reach. I checked with the neighbors in the housing development and their keeper has a back plate/spacer.

Does Swisco sell this spacer with the longer screws? The spacer is thickness as the metal flanges on the keeper.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We do not sell a back spacer for this keeper, unfortunately. If you're in a pinch you could always just use washers. 

Another possibility is adjusting the mortise so that its hook extends further. Most mortise locks have this functionality; you should see a tiny little screw either above or below the hook. Turning that projects the hook out further or retracts it further in. That might be easier than trying to pack the keeper out.

A quick learner from North Carolins says:
Will try using washers as spacers. The mortise hook is already extended fully but is not able to clear the inside of the keeper to latch.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.