Looking for the right fasteners.

A home owner from Miami Fla. says:
Good Day,
I am trying to replace some 35 year old Andersen Awning Window Hinges.

Earlier this year, I bought some vent hinges from your company product code 39-539. I have to confess that when I tried to install it, I now realized it wasn't like the original vent hinges I have on my windows. The good part about it though, most of it was what I needed, but it was just too long. So, I tried to modify the new vent hinges to match my old vent hinges. All, I did was drill out one of the rivets and by doing that, I got the length I needed.

My only problem is installing the vent hinge. On my original windows, the vent hinge is attached to the window frame by a bracket. I know I need a rivet or some type of fastener that can go into the hole of the vent arm that has a diameter of 5/16 inches, but then it also must enter the hole in the bracket that is about 3/16 inches in diameter.

Please tell me where I can get the right fastener such as the right rivet or screw to attach the vent arm to the bracket. How would I go about doing that? What tools would I need?

Thanks for your help. Please see the photos of the vent arm, the brackets and the vent hinges to see what I am talking about.
Christianne K
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I wonder if you could use a type of pop rivet to attach the arm bracket. Just be careful not to set the rivet too tight; I believe if you make the rivet too tight that it will impair the operation of the window. Check with a local hardware store in your area and see what they suggest.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)