Looking for white, modern, Surface Mount Handle Set

A home owner from Arnold, MD, US says:
Hi,

I have a patio door handle to replace. It's not set up as a mortisse lock -- I'm really trying to find a handle/lock set that is surface mounted and modern-looking. JUST like 82-036. However, the handle I'm replacing has holes at 3 15/16".

Does a surface-mount handle, with 3 15/16" holes, and similar appearance to 82-036 exist??

Grateful for your help!

Thanks,
Jessica
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe a surface mounted handle set is available in this style. If you can, please send us some photos of the handle set you have now so we can try to find a good replacement.
A home owner from Arnold, MD, US says:
Yes -- if you have any suggestions I'm having a hard time finding what I described in my original post (surface-mount, 3 15/16" holes, white, modern looking).

These are pics of the handle to be replaced.

Many thanks!
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. I believe you have the 82-003 lock. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do. It is next to impossible to convert this kind of lock set to a different type, and the manufacturer pretty much only made this style. I am sorry we cannot offer you something better.
A home owner from Arnold, MD says:
Okay, well thanks very much for taking a look at it. I appreciate it!
Profile picture of Paul
My pleasure. I'm sorry again we weren't able to get you the handle set you were looking for.
A home owner from Arnold, MD says:
Is it doable to drill new holes in the door frame (so that it could take a handle with holes that are 6 9/16" apart)?

ps - I love your site and the helpful replies! I went ahead and at least ordered the new keeper for the old handle that we have.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for the order! I'm glad we're able to help. In answer to your question, if you still want to use a surface mounted handle set like our 82-036 you could drill new holes, but make sure they are in line with the holes you now have so you don't drill into the glass.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.