Love to find a simple replacement

A quick learner from Anderson, IN says:
But I anticipate rebuilding two axles and wheels. Please, not that the axle is 3/4" long and so is the frame of the patio door it sits in. Can't find this size on your page. Help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pix053882965.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pix321186574.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pix744532124.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pix806726740.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pix952666802.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Greetings. Take a look at the 81-140 with the 7/16" wide wheel. This is possibly your best roller to try and adapt to your door. Review the dimensions, and see what you think. 

I have added more photos to help identify a solution. This wheel has a broken axle and would normally look like photo 1. Then looking into the bottom channel of the door you can see "hooks" that the wheel bracket sits upon and just hangs there. In photo three you can see the wheel and bracket hanging on the hooks. Upon tightening the "lift" screw this creates a fulcrum and holds the wheel bracket into the hooks quite well, when new.
Importantly, this is a 96" opening all aluminum frame double door with double pane glass. Weight is at least 100# per door. The other door is stationary though and doesn't require rollers.

We did have a roller like this, but it was discontinued some time ago and is no longer available. The 81-140 is, I think, your only bet, but it's different enough that I can't make any guarantees. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

How does 81-140 attach to the door and can it hold that kind of weight? Do you have an axle repair kit with a 3/4" length axle or one that can be cut down?

We do carry the 81-203 , which has a 7/8" long axle, as well as the the 81-303 which has a 1" axle. As for the rollers, we do carry the 81-225 steel wheel and the nylon wheel 81-237, along with the 81-236. However you will have to see if these wheels are wide enough to be used with your door. I'm not familiar with your door and not sure how the 81-140 roller can be installed. I find it similar to your roller. Take a look at all the suggestion of parts on the web site to see if you can use any of these to repair your door.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.