M & W Casement Windows

A quick learner from Roanoke, VA says:
I have a customer who needs a right hand and left hand window operator for the old
M & W vinyl clad windows. The size for both windows is 2850. He is in need of all hardware, handles, covers, locks, and operators. I was sent here from Ply Gem Windows.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

There's a few possibilities for these windows. Can you show me pictures of the operators in question? I'd like to see the entire mechanism, either out of the window or at least with the window open, from a bird's eye perspective so both the body and the link arm(s) are visible. From there I'll do my best to find a match for you. Many thanks.

A quick learner from Roanoke, VA says:
I do not have any pictures of these windows, but they would have been the M & W 800 Series or Freedom Series.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

That's the problem, though. Casement operators vary quite a bit even when you know the brand or specific window model. Visual ID is the only surefire way to confirm what you have. Now, some M&W we've encountered use either our 39-089 & 39-090, or the 39-187 & 39-188 Split-Arm Operators; but I can by no means guarantee if either of these sets are what you need. Furthermore, you'll see these sets are very similar, save for a slight difference in the shape of the gear arm. So visual identification is, I'm afraid, really the only confident road to travel here. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.