MI Window 865 balance

A quick learner from USA says:
Thank you for the great website and videos! I bought a house and almost every channel balance is broken. I looked at the common channel balances on your website, but mine appears to be a little different. The windows are from MI Windows and Doors series 865, but MIWD says they do not have the part any more. The channel is 15" long and it says 1440, BSI, and DC or D6 or DG (the text is very small). I can look up the window identification codes if that helps. I attached pics of the top guide and shoe. Thanks for any help!
Channel Balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I'm confident we can help. This is a special kind of balance that will need to be custom made. Fortunately, your pictures tell us everything we need to know. before we begin, can you just tell me how many you need?
A quick learner from Phoenix, AZ says:
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the help! I have 19 of these windows, and now I see that for 6 of them, the top guide does not have those wings. I removed a pair and it seems like they were made without wings, rather than something that broke off. I'm not sure what that means. Anyway, I guess I would want 18 balances, assuming I can replace the wingless ones with winged ones.

--Matt
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Well, those guides are an important feature, but there is some wiggle room. They act to align the balance so that it's centered in the window track. It's possible the winged ones can replace the wingless ones, assuming there is space in the track where they install. If not, you could potentially clip the wings off. Or, we can make you an entirely new set of balances with the appropriate attachments. I will email you a custom order link for 18 of the 1440 balances, but if you want to change that let me know!
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.