MI Windows - 1650 --- 26211353.1

A home owner from Maryland says:
The only window identifier I can find was a paper glued to the top of window. Written in the exact order as below.

"MI Windows & Doors
Warranty information -Do not remove"

Attached pictures are from a functioning window. The symptoms of the non functioning window. 1. The show is broke into multiple pieces. 2. the window does not stay up on its own.

The picture labeled 1172 is what I believe to be the shoe, and it is 2 inches in length and 1 1/4 wide. The picture labeled 1173 is what the show goes up into.

While I dont think there is anything wrong with part in pic 1173 is there anything I need to do when I install the replacement part in 1172? Is there any special tool if Do I need any special tool (s ) to work on this window ?

ISSUE: The window that is not working the window will not stay up it falls.
The part that is in 1172 is broken into multiple pieces, possibly from weather exposure,age or possibly a weakness in that part.

I have not worked on windows much but I do lots of home repairs on my own. As long as I have the correct part and tools I am comfortable repairing things.

Is there anything more that I should be considering when I replace this part ?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You show a 15-180 pivot shoe and a 15-181 coil spring clip. They both look fine, so it's probably the coil springs that are broken. They are Series 190. We will need the number stamped on them when you order. There should be a cut-out at the top of the window, which will allow you to remove the parts and repair them.
A quick learner says:
This picture is of a window that is working properly the one that is not I believe is the 15-180 pivot.

Are you saying there will be a number stamped on the pivot shoe itself ?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
No, the number I mentioned should be on the spring itself. You should be able to match that number to one of our Series 190 options, but if you aren't sure what to pick then let me know. I'm confident I can match it up, as long as I know what the number is.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.